Algemene Voorwaarden voor Verhuur Haute Dône
Version 01-08-2022 “Haute Dône” 1384 Route de la Gagère, 58170 LUZY, France
- These Terms and Conditions apply to reservations and agreements concerning the holiday home ‘Haute Dône’, located at 1384 Route de la Gagère, 58170 LUZY, France.
- In these General Terms and Conditions, the term ‘hirer’ means: the person who enters into an agreement with us for the rental of the holiday home.
- These General Terms and Conditions apply regardless of your (prior) reference to any terms and conditions of your own or to other general terms and conditions. We reject all General Terms and Conditions to which you refer or which are used by you.
Agreements deviating from these General Terms and Conditions are only valid if agreed in writing.
- We will only accept reservations from persons 22 years of age or older. Reservations made by persons younger than that age are therefore not valid.
- After you have made a reservation you will receive a confirmation by e-mail and an invoice within 5 days. Please check these documents for accuracy and inform us immediately of any inaccuracies. If you have not received confirmation from us within 10 days of making the reservation, please contact us immediately, failing which the reservation may not be invoked.
- By submitting the reservation form, you indicate to have read and agreed to these Terms and Conditions.
- An agreement is formed between you and us when we have confirmed the reservation to you and you have paid the deposit. The agreement concerns the rental of the holiday home for recreational use, which by its nature is of short duration.
- We request that you transfer 25% of the rent to us within 14 days after the invoice date. The other 75% must be paid to us 1 month before the arrival date. If your reservation is within 1 month before the arrival date you have to transfer 100% of the invoice amount to us at once upon receipt of the invoice.
- The deposit and/or payment should be transferred to the IBAN: FR76 4061 8803 8500 0401 3475 615, BIC BOUSFRPP n.v. E.D. Blink in Luzy stating the invoice number.
- The rental ends automatically after the expiry of the agreed period.
- In the event of late payment of the amounts invoiced to you, you will be in default immediately after expiry of the payment period. In this case, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation and dissolve the contract.
- The deposit is € 150.00. The deposit is intended to guarantee damage and/or costs – in the broadest sense of the word – that we may suffer as a result of non-compliance with the obligations of the tenant as a good tenant and the person(s) accompanying the tenant.
- The deposit must be paid together with the first payment of the rent. In case the deposit is not paid, we are entitled to deny the tenant access to the holiday home. If you fail to pay the deposit, we are also entitled to terminate the agreement with immediate effect.
- The deposit or the remainder will be refunded to the tenant within 14 days after departure, after settlement of claims (damage to inventory / holiday home and/or other costs). Any (further) claims for compensation will not be cancelled by this refund.
- The tenant will receive the key upon arrival at the holiday home. The tenant is never allowed to keep or duplicate the key for whatever reason. If the tenant does so, a fine of € 500 will be payable, without prejudice to the actual costs. The key of the holiday home is given on loan to the tenant. The key remains our property. In case of loss, theft or any other way the key is lost, the tenant will be charged € 100.
- All costs arising from your failure to return the property on time will be recovered from you. Goods found after your departure will be kept for a reasonable period of time, but we will not take any responsibility for them. Repatriation is only possible at your expense.
- If the tenant and/or other users have locked themselves out of the holiday home Haute Dône, we will charge €25,00 for this. This will be settled with the refund of the deposit. For control purposes, we ask the tenant to identify himself before handing over the copy of the key.
Cancellation by the tenant must always be made in writing (by post or by e-mail). The following rules apply:
- In case of cancellation within 7 days up to the day of arrival, 100% of the rent is due.
- If you have not arrived within 24 hours after the agreed date without further notice, this is considered a cancellation and 100% of the rent is due.
- In case of cancellation on our part, any money already paid will be refunded.
Stay in the holiday home
- On the day of arrival you can use the holiday home from 15:00 hours. On the day of departure the holiday home must be vacated by 10:30.
- The holiday home is non-smoking. Smoking is allowed outside on the terrace.
- No open fire is allowed outside.
- Pets are not allowed without prior consultation with the landlord.
- The rental price includes one set of kitchen linen, one set of towels per person, and bed linen.
- The costs for the final cleaning are € 10,- per person.
- The use of water and electricity (gas is not included) is included, but we ask you to use it sparingly.
- Because of our septic tank (there is no sewer here) the use of your own soap and shampoo is not allowed, these will be provided by us. We also ask you to limit the use of toilet paper, because it is badly processed by the septic tank.
- Subletting or re-letting is expressly forbidden.
- Staying in a holiday home with more persons than agreed upon in the reservation or than the maximum of 4 persons is explicitly not allowed without our permission, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing. This can lead to a premature termination of the lease on our part, without restitution of the rent. If an extra person is allowed, a surcharge of € 15,- per person per night will be charged.
- Moving cupboards and beds, as well as sound or television equipment, or taking any part of the indoor inventory outside – except of course crockery, glasses and cutlery for your meal outside – is explicitly not allowed.
- The tenant must ensure that between 23.00 and 07.00 hours, the night’s rest is respected. This means, among other things, no loud music/noises. The lessee shall ensure that no nuisance is caused to the natural surroundings or the local residents. In the event of an infringement, all persons will be removed from the holiday home without prior warning and without restitution of the rent.
Liability / complaints / damage
- The tenant and other users are fully liable for all damages caused to the house, the inventory and all items belonging to the rented object during the rental period, unless the tenant and other users can plausibly demonstrate that the damage is not their fault. We therefore advise you to inspect the holiday home and its inventory thoroughly on arrival for any defects and shortcomings. If you discover any damage or shortcomings, please report this to us immediately.
- We do not accept liability for theft, loss or damage of or to goods or persons, of any nature whatsoever, during or as a result of the stay in the holiday home. We do not accept liability for construction activities on access roads, main roads etc. in the vicinity of the rented holiday home. We do not accept liability for failure or malfunction of technical equipment, utilities, the non-functioning or partial non-functioning of the internet.
- The costs of normal maintenance and repair of defects are for our account. If there are any defects, the tenant must inform us immediately and follow our instructions as closely as possible.
- It is not allowed to charge your electric vehicle with electricity from the rented accommodation. If this is discovered, a fine will be imposed.
- Should you still wish to make a complaint, this must be submitted to us in writing, stating reasons, within 14 days of leaving the holiday home.
Departure and final cleaning
In France there is a strict waste separation regulation. In the information folder you will find a brochure of the municipality, in which is explained which waste has to go where. The tenant is responsible for the separation of waste as indicated on the waste containers. The tenant is liable, without legal intervention, for all fines, costs, damages suffered by the landlord in case of non-compliance with the instructions on waste separation. The holiday home must be left behind in the following manner:
- Leave the house swept clean
- Everything washed clean, dried and put back in the cupboards
- Duvet covers and linen folded up in the bathroom
- Leave the dishwasher and refrigerator clean and empty
- Please do not leave any food in the cupboards
- Please place cushions inside
- The bins emptied
- Report any breakages and/or damage to the landlord.
French law applies exclusively to all these conditions and to provisions from the rental agreement/house rules as well as any disputes arising from this.